Tuesday 26 January 2010

100TH POST - 24/7's Featured Artists: The Saturdays!!

This is officially the blogs 100th post! I can't believe I am writing this, so what better way to write the 100th post by dedicating it to pop group "The Saturdays". Above is a picture that was taken in HMV when I went to a single signing and I met them - it was great, but was so quick!
I was also lucky enough to go to one of the dates on their first tour "The Work Tour". The tour was so good and much better than I had expected. They showcased two new tracks from their newest album "Wordshaker" as well as performing a medley and lots of songs from their first album. Below are a few pictures that were snapped from the tour. All of these are my own photos so please credit if using - thanks!



For those that don't know who The Saturdays are, I will give you a brief lesson about them now and post a few songs of theirs.
Firstly, the Saturdays are a British Pop Group signed to Fascination Records. They consist of 5 members, Vanessa White, Rochelle Wiseman(From S Club Juniors/8), Frankie Sandford (From S Club Juniors/8), Mollie King, and Una Healy.
They started out in 2007 but their first single "If This Is Love" wasn't released until August 12, 2008. Their debut album, "Chasing Lights" was then released in October 2008 and spawned a total of 5 singles. The first 4 singles ended up in the top 10, some in the top 5 of the UK charts.
Their sophomore album "Wordshaker" was released October 2009 and has spawned two singles which have both made the top 10 of the UK charts. Their current single is "Ego" and is a smash! The video can be seen below:


This post would have been longer but I will be posting about The Saturdays a lot more and this will be random so expect to see the posts and take part in the quiz that will be going up over the next few days!
I leave you with a few songs from The Saturdays which I class as my favourites:

"Deeper"

"Chasing Lights"

"Lose Control"

"Why Me, Why Now"


Also thanks to everyone following the blog, and to those who read and comment, it is much appreciated :)

2 Comments:

mizunderstood said...

i love ego..!!

24/7 Entertainment said...

Ego is one of the best!

Post a Comment