Sunday 17 January 2010

Album Review: Ke$ha - Animal



When Ke$ha's album was released last week I made a post to tell everyone to buy and support the artist. At that time I had not even heard the album and couldn't have been too sure if this album would even be worthy of a listen. After growing to just like (not love) her debut single "TiK ToK", I had a listen to the album and now you can read my thoughts on it.
Firstly, to note, this album is not to be taken seriously and is full of great trashy pop songs (this is not a negative comment). My first impressions of the album was that it was a good pop album that trails off towards the end. After listening to the album a further number of times I can now give you my impressions track-by-track.

  1. Your Love Is My Drug: This is a pretty decent song but nothing special. I would not rate it as one of the top songs but it definitely sets the album off nicely. 7.5/10
  2. TiK ToK: After listening to this many times and being the first single it is definitely a good choice and is single worthy. I really really like this song and can't stop singing it now! 10/10
  3. Take It Off: This song is another great song I rate it quite high as it definitely gets me in the mood to dance. 9/10
  4. Kiss 'N' Tell: Another great catchy track. I would rate it as one of the other great tracks from the album. 9/10
  5. Stephen: OK, so within the first few seconds of this song I thought what the heck, but now I can't stop raving about how catchy it is. Definitely one of the highlights! 10/10
  6. Blah Blah Blah (Ft. 3OH!3): I wasn't too fussed about this song at first, but now I think it is definitely single material. Although I would choose others over this, it is still a decent track. 8.5/10
  7. Hungover: This song is completely different and slows the album down for a minute. It is a nice song but not exactly a highlight. 7.5/10
  8. Party At A Rich Dude's House: The album gains its pace again and a nice trashy song it is. It is definitely a dance tune and a good enough track. 8/10
  9. Backstabber: This song is massive and anyone could probably relate to the topic of "backstabbing". I completely love this. 10/10
  10. Blind: The album slows down with another tune but it is such a great track. I weren't that bothered by it at first but it is definitely a great song. 9/10
  11. Dinosaur: OK, this is definitely my favourite track at the moment. The lyrics are great and it is such a great trashy catchy song. I completely love it. 10/10
  12. Dancing With Tears In My Eyes: The album starts to lose momentum at this point. This song is not such a great track but it is decent enough. 7/10
  13. Boots & Boys: This track is nothing special either. I don't really rate this and it is one of the album tracks I find worth skipping. 6/10
  14. Animal: This track picks up the album a little but nothing special to get the album back to the momentum it was at before. 7/10
  15. VIP: This track is better than the previous but still nothing special. I think the last tracks should have been put in the middle of the album to pad it out, and the middle should have went at the end to make the album more memorable. 7.5/10
OVERALL: 8.4/10
This album gets a good overall score out of 10. It is nowhere near perfect but it is the best album to listen to at the moment until I can't be bothered to listen anymore or something else replaces it.

Leave your comments below and let me know your views on this album :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment