Thursday 21 January 2010

New Artist: Ellie Goulding

I thought I would post about new artist "Ellie Goulding" as I would have been seeing her perform at the Brit Awards 2010 Nominations on Monday but was unable to go. So I have researched her to see who she is, and what songs she has produced.

Ellie Goulding is a 23 year old english singer/songwriter/guitarist who is signed to Polydor Records.
Her debut single was released last year called "Under The Sheets" but failed to make a proper impact when it only reached 53 in the UK singles chart.
She has taken a second shot with her new single "Starry Eyed". This song is due to be released on 22nd February 2010 followed by her debut album being released on 1st March 2010.
Here is the video to her second single "Starry Eyed":


The song is OK but does not have a huge impact on me to be honest. I think she needs to come out with something a lot better than this to catch on. I may be wrong but it just don't capture me the way some debut songs have, e.g. Pixie Lott's Mama Do & The Saturdays Up. I know that The Saturdays released a song before but I am comparing the first two songs released from each artist.

I will be sure to look out for Ellie Goulding and see if anything grabs me but at this moment in time I am not too bothered, which may sound harsh, but if she comes out with something more then I am willing to give her another chance.
What do you think of Ellie Goulding? Do you like her songs?

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

i have the album i think its ok

Anonymous said...

Ellie Goulding = WIN.

Post a Comment