Saturday 20 February 2010

The Brit Awards 2010 Full Coverage

As I promised earlier this week, here is my post on the Brit Awards 2010. Firstly, I am going to list the winners of each category below, and then I will comment on the whole show.

British Male Solo Artist
Dizzee Rascal

British Female Solo Artist
Lily Allen

British Breakthrough Act
JLS

British Group
Kasabian

Mastercard Biritsh Album
Florence And The Machine - Lungs

British Single
JLS - Beat Again

International Male Solo Artist
Jay-Z

International Female Solo Artist
Lady Gaga

International Breakthrough Act
Lady Gaga

International Album
Lady Gaga - The Fame

British Producer Of The Year
Paul Epworth

Critics' Choice Award
Ellie Goulding

Outstanding Contribution To Music
Robbie Williams

Brits Performance Of 30 Years
Spice Girls - Wannabe/Who Do You Think You Are (1997)

Brits Album Of 30 Years
Oasis - What's The Story Morning Glory

So there is the list of winners!
This years Brit Awards were quite good for my standards. Normally I do not watch the whole show, but it was really good. I was so glad that Lady Gaga scooped the most awards of the night (three!!). JLS, who I am not too bothered about got two awards, and Lily Allen finally picked up a Brit Award!
The performances were not too bad overall. Lady Gaga's was stunning and was one of her best vocally! I really wanted Beyonce to come out for Telephone, but even so, Gaga held her own!
Cheryl Cole's performance turned out disastrous as she decided to lip-sync (very badly I might add), which made it so laughable. The way she came out was great, and I expected a great performance, but it was just ruined and was pathetic for someone performing on the Brit Awards.
Onto the outfits - Wtf was Gaga wearing?! I laughed at her outfit, but what do you expect from Gaga - I still love her! And can I just add, how funny was Lily Allen's orange wig! Lmao!

Anyways, The Brits has come and gone for another year - so let's hope some great music gets produced so that The Brit Awards 2011 can go with a bang!

Air your thoughts in the comments below :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment