Tuesday 9 March 2010

Album Review: Jason Derülo - Jason Derülo

As promised I have gotten around to writing my review of Jason Derülo's debut album. As usual there has been so little to post so I thought I would take time out to let you know my views on this album and urge you to support it.
So the album is self-titled and features a range of R&B/Pop songs. The album runs at just over 30 mins and is a very short album. Onto the track-by-track review:
  1. Whatcha Say: This is the first single from the album, and if I am honest I weren't too fond of it at the beginning. After listening to it multiple times, I have grown to love the song. Other songs could have been the lead single, but this is a nice selection which definitely sets up the album. 9/10
  2. Ridin' Solo: This song differs from the rest of the album and I didn't really like this at first. It is a decent song but I don't think it is single worthy - it is better as an album track. 7/10
  3. In My Head: The second single from the album and a really good song. It is so catchy and has a kind of rocky vibe which does the song justice. 8.5/10
  4. The Sky's The Limit: Another great song, with a techno beat this time. The album is varied in musical styles and this is another nice addition to it. 8/10
  5. What If: The first ballad off the album, and the tempo changes to a slower vibe. The song is decent enough and sits nicely on the album. 8/10
  6. Love Hangover: The best track on the album hands down. I keep getting drawn back to this song as it is so damn catchy. Its so bloody good and is definitely the highlight of the album. A well deserved 10/10
  7. Encore: Another decent track. Nothing compares to the previous track but nevertheless, it carries on with how great this album is. 8/10
  8. Fallen: Another catchy track that is one of the stand outs from the album. The quality of the album has not faltered at any point for the time being. 8.5/10
  9. Blind: Another ballad that is a little better than 'What If'. 8.5/10
  10. Strobelight (Bonus Track): As a bonus track, this is not a bad track. I have grown to really like it and this is a great addition to the album. The tempo has changed back at this point, but it does not affect the quality of the album. 7.5/10
  11. Queen Of Hearts (iTunes Bonus Track): I am not that keen on this track. It is quite bland, and I definitely preferred the demo. 6/10
OVERALL: 8.1/10
The album gets a very respectable score. To be honest I was sceptical of this album but after listening to it multiple times and keep getting drawn back to it, I definitely think its a great male R&B album.

Have you listened to it? Comment your thoughts below!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment