Wednesday 14 July 2010

Girls Can't Catch Get Dropped And Disband

Girls Can't Catch made up of members Daizy Agnew, Phoebe Brown and Jess Stickley have been dropped from their record label, Fascination Records, which is also home to the pop group The Saturdays.
Shortly after the confirmation of them being dropped by their record label, it was also confirmed by Daizy Agnew via Twitter that the band have now split up. Here is what was said on the matter:
"Sadly its over for GCC. We have an incredible year! Thank you so much for your support. It was a pleasure to share this experience with Jess and Phoebe. I will pursuing other projects. I don't believe in giving up. Thank you once again for everything,"
"And yes I will be going solo, I've got this far I'm not going to stop now. I wish the girls the best of luck, they are fantastic people."
It seems that all the girls will continue with their own careers, some maybe pursuing solo careers and others doing other stuff.
Girls Can't Catch are known for their single 'Keep Your Head Up' which peaked at #29 on the charts, and also their other single 'Echo' which peaked at #19. They were in the process of recording their first studio album, but unfortunately this will not come to light any more.
I am glad that I actually got some of their songs from the album sampler, so I will have those amazing songs to remind me just how great they were. I am really sad by this news, and quite worried as it seems that no one signed to Fascination Records are safe any more.

What do you think of this news?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment