Monday 18 January 2010

The Brit Awards 2010 Nominees!



So updating a little later than expected, I know have the list of nominees for each category of The Brit Awards 2010. I am actually looking forward to them this year and hope they have some great performers. The performance list has yet to be announced, but as soon as it becomes available I will be sure to post about it. But moving on, to the nominations...

British Female Solo Artist
Bat For Lashes
Florence & The Machine
Leona Lewis
Lily Allen
Pixie Lott

I have chosen Pixie Lott because I think she really deserves it and her album is fantastic. I think that Leona Lewis will win this however.

British Male Solo Artist
Calvin Harris
Dizzee Rascal
Mika
Paolo Nutini
Robbie Williams
I have chosen Mika over the rest as I do not really like any of the others that much. Call me stupid or whatever but my opinions are my opinions.

British Breakthrough Act
Florence & The Machine
Friendly Fires
JLS
La Roux
Pixie Lott

I would really like Pixie Lott to win this aswell (I think you can gather by now that I like her). I do think JLS will probably win this though, which is a bit unfair.

British Group
Doves
Friendly Fires
JLS
Kasabian
Muse

JLS should definitely win this, and I would prefer them to win out of all of the other groups.

MasterCard British Album
Dizzee Rascal - Tongue n' Cheek
Florence & The Machine - Lungs
Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum
Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You
Paolo Nutini - Sunny Side Up

I would prefer Lily Allen to win this category as I really don't care for the other nominees.

British Single
Alesha Dixon - Breathe Slow
Alexandra Burke Ft. Flo Rida - Bad Boys
Cheryl Cole - Fight For This Love
Joe McElderry - The Climb
JLS - Beat Again
La Roux - In For The Kill
Lily Allen - The Fear
Pixie Lott - Mama Do
Taio Cruz - Break Your Heart
Tinchy Stryder Ft. N-Dubz - Number 1

This one is such a tough one as there are so many great nominees. I would also like Alesha Dixon, Cheryl Cole or Pixie Lott win this one. But I would prefer it to be Alexandra Burke as the winner as she isn't in many categories.

Critics' Choice
Ellie Goulding
Delphic
Marina And The Diamonds

I haven't highlighted who I would like to win this one as I haven't heard any of these artists' music, so its pretty pointless.

BRITs Album Of 30 Years
Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head
Dido - No Angel
Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms
Duffy - Rockferry
Keane - Hopes & Fears
Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory?
Phil Collins - No Jacket Required
Sade - Diamond Life
The Verve - Urban Hymns
Travis - The Man Who

All of the albums listed here aren't nothing special or just don't interest me. So it definitely has to be Duffy as her album was quite good.

The Brits Hits 30
Coming Soon

International Female Solo Artist
Lady Gaga
Ladyhawke
Norah Jones
Rihanna
Shakira

Such a hard category aswell, as I would like either Lady Gaga, Rihanna or Shakira to win this. However, I really think Lady Gaga will win this. If she doesn't I will eat my hat.

International Male Solo Artist
Bruce Springsteen
Eminem
Jay-Z
Michael Buble
Seasick Steve

It has to be Eminem. I mean how the heck can Seasick bloody Steve even get nominated, like wtf??

International Album
Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
Black Eyed Peas - The End
Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream
Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3
Lady Gaga - The Fame

I would like either Lady Gaga or The Black Eyed Peas to win this category. I like both albums so it is a split decision.

International Breakthrough Act
Animal Collective
Daniel Merriweather
Empire Of The Sun
Lady Gaga
Taylor Swift

Lady Gaga has to win this, although I really think Taylor Swift will as she is quite popular too.

Outstanding Contribution Award
Robbie Williams

So thats the nominations list. There are some good ones there, but we will have to see how it pans out.
I would like to hear everyones thoughts and views so please leave your comments below, thank you :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment