Monday 8 February 2010

Do You Remember... Mis-Teeq? (Part 1)

A new feature of the blog is called "Do You Remember...?" This will be dedicated to artists/bands, albums and songs. As updates can be slow at times, I may result in doing a "Do You Remember" feature. So I have been doing a bit of thinking, and I have found the perfect band to talk about for the first one - Mis-Teeq!
I will split this into two parts so that I cover the whole Mis-Teeq era.


So, Mis-Teeq were a British R&B girl group who originated in 1999 and split in 2005. They were comprised of four singers to start with; Alesha Dixon, Sabrina Washington, Su-Elise Nash, and Zena McNally. McNally left the group really early, just after their debut single "Why?" was released.
Their debut album, "Lickin' On Both Sides" was released in October 2001 and spawned a total of 4 singles.
Why? was their first single, followed by All I Want, then One Night Stand. The last single was released in 2002 and was called B With Me.
I absolutely loved this album when it came out and I was a massive fan of Mis-Teeq. I still have the album in CD form now and also on my iPod. The genres on the CD were of such a mixture and included Garage, Pop and R&B. I have included the videos to all of their singles below.

"Why? (Remix)"

"All I Want"

"One Night Stand"

"B With Me"

So the question remains: Do you remember Mis-Teeq? And their debut album "Lickin' On Both Sides"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment