Friday 5 February 2010

Album Review: Amerie - Because I Love It

So, I was planning to write this album view ages ago, but now that I have some free time and no updates to post, I thought I would write it now. This album is fairly old but I class it as a really good album that I would like to share my thoughts about. This album is called "Because I Love It" and is Amerie's third studio album. It was released in 2007, for those who wanted to know.
Upwards and onwards to the track-by-track review:

  1. Forecast (Intro): This intro sets the album off nicely. The length runs just over a minute and does just what it needs to. It whets your appetite for the rest of the album. 9/10
  2. Hate2LoveU: This song gets the going and is a great track. It is one of the stand out songs on the album. 9.5/10
  3. Some Like It: This track is hands down the best on the album. I love the old school sound and there is just something about it that makes it so addictive. This is probably my most played song on the album. 10/10
  4. Make Me Believe: This track is decent but after the greatness of the previous track, it just lacks something. I am not saying I dislike the track but it is not great. 8/10
  5. Take Control: Serving as the albums first single, this is one track that is on fire. It is so catchy and you just have to think how does Amerie do it. 10/10
  6. Gotta Work: This track serves as the albums second single and is another banger. I really like this track too and it is definitely one of the standouts from the album. 9.5/10
  7. Crush: This is a nice song and I think that it serves well as a nice album track. 8.5/10
  8. Crazy Wonderful: This is a really nice song as well. The track has a nice sultry sound to it. 8/10
  9. That's What U R: A decent song that fits the album nicely. It was supposed to be the third single but one wasn't released. I am kind of glad because this is not single material. 7.5/10
  10. When Loving You Was Easy: A great track that I think can be classed as one the standouts from the album. Amerie really pulls through on this album and delivers track by track greatness. 8.5/10
  11. Paint Me Over: This is one of the longest tracks on the album and it takes a few listens to make an impact. I think it is a really good track and fits nicely with the album. The album has definitely changed pace at this point. 7.5/10
  12. Somebody Up There: This is another slow sultry sounding track. Amerie has delivered another great track. 7.5/10
  13. All Roads: I love this song and it is one of the better sounding slower tracks off the album. It has such great lyrics and is a really great song with a nice meaning. 8.5/10
  14. 1 Thing: This is the song where I first discovered Amerie. This song is such a tune and is so catchy. If you haven't heard this song then where have you been. 10/10
  15. Losing U (Bonus Track): As a bonus track this finishes the album off nicely. It changes the pace up and is very catchy. If the album was to finish at All Roads or 1 Thing then it might leave the end of the album a little bare. 10/10

OVERALL: 8.8/10
This album has gained a very strong score and definitely deserves it. I constantly listen to this album, and it has such an array of tracks that range from slow to faster paced songs that are for all moods. I can definitely say that Amerie's last two albums have been stronger than her older material.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment