Wednesday 27 January 2010

Album Review: Amerie - In Love & War



On to my second album review of the day...
I have quite a bit of time to spare today, so since I can't find anything else to do. I am just reviewing random albums. So up now we have Amerie's fourth studio album "In Love & War". I am quite a fan of Amerie's material and loved her previous album, which I might just review on a later post. This album was released in November last year, and is still gaining rotation on my iPod so check out my track-by-track review of this album and tell me if you agree.

  1. Tell Me You Love Me: This song is an absolute smash and is a big favourite of mine ever since it leaked. I will say it is a really good song but it is not one of the stand out tracks. 8/10
  2. Heard 'Em All: So this was Amerie's second single from this album. It is such a great song, which I weren't too sure of when I first heard it. But Amerie is definitely bringing something different. 9/10
  3. Dangerous: This song is such a great tune aswell. The album sounds great at this point and there hasn't been one scrap song. 8.5/10
  4. Higher: The rhythm of the album continues in its upbeat fashion. This song is very good as well and is great even though it only plays for just under 3 mins. 8/10
  5. Why R U: This served as the first single from the album. It is a real corker and is so catchy. I think I have turned into a great Amerie fan at this point. 9/10
  6. Pretty Brown (Ft. Trey Songz): This is another great track. I would not call it a stand out but it is definitely listenable. The best tracks are still yet to come. 8/10
  7. More Than Love (Ft. Fabolous): This track serves as the next single and it is such a cool track it definitely deserves a great score. 10/10
  8. Swagback: Along with the previous track, these are the stand out tracks and are always being played on my iPod. Amerie definitely knows how to keep the tracks coming. 10/10
  9. You're A Star (Interlude): So, if your a fan of Amerie, you will notice that this interlude samples from one of her tracks, "Hate2LoveU" from her previous album "Because I Love It". The interlude is nicely put into the album and breaks it up nicely. This is the point where the album starts to slow down, but still remains its greatness. 9/10
  10. Red Eye: This track is a nice slow joint. It is really good and considering the album has slowed down at this point, I really like it. 8.5/10
  11. The Flowers: This track is the longest on the album and racks up to just over 5 mins. This doesn't mean its a rubbish track. In fact for a track that goes on for this long, it is definitely a solid album track. 8/10
  12. Different People: This track is another great track from the album. I can not find any faults in any of the songs and to me they are all solid at this point. 8.5/10
  13. Dear John: This track is such a classic. I loved it when it first leaked. Many people gave this song a bad review but I see it differently. Even though this is a completely different track I still think it fits nicely. It is definitely worth a solid score. 9.5/10
  14. Heard 'Em All (Remix) (Ft. Lil Wayne): This track is not much different but now features a Lil Wayne verse. It sounds great but I think that it could have been left off the album. However as a bonus track, you don't see me complaining. 8.5/10
OVERALL: 8.7/10
This is a superb album. It definitely deserves the high score that it has achieved here. I am still listening to this day. I can't wait for Amerie's next album, but till then I am sure I have enough Amerie tracks from this album and her previous "Because I Love It" to keep me going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment